Saturday, August 14, 2010

Newest Pickups

The Globe came today, and it looks great!

This popcorn popper also came today. I haven't had non-microwaved popcorn in a long time, so this should be interesting.  We'll try it out tonight.

This year I'm going to try to have an outdoor Christmas display, so I've been looking for one of these life-size Douglas Fir Plywood Santa patterns.  You glue it to outdoor plywood then seal it and cut it out with a jigsaw.  I finally found one that wasn't outrageous, so I now have another project ahead of me.



5 comments:

  1. I didn't know they had Santa patterns!! Now I NEED one! Let me know if you see another!! Damn you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of the globe! Also envious of the Santa, I would love to do a display like that but lets just say I don't live in the BEST neighbourhood, it's not awful but it would 'walk away' if I had one :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this Santa pattern I had to have it, but not at a silly price, so I've been watching for almost a year. I've seen the finished versions of these Santas pop up locally on craigslist, and the patterns show up on ebay frequently. You can also find a reindeer and sleigh pattern, and a choir and choir pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a vintage popcorn popper too, yours is way cooler though! I can't wait to see the finished version of your santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should start on the Santa project soon, otherwise it will be Dec. 23 and I'll be freezing in the basement trying to finish.

    ReplyDelete