Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I've always wanted an office fireplace...

I think you know how this story goes. There I was, minding my own business, just innocently enjoying some retro renovation goodies on Flickr. That's when I saw it. It's all Flickr member Averyl's fault. Really.

"Vintage 60s Toymaster Electric Fireplace With Chimney Card Holder" the Flickr title said. WHOAAAAA, that is cool! Maybe I'll just glance at eBay and see if there are any of these vintage cardboard fireplaces for sale. Hmmmmmm. MMMMMMMMM. There's one, mint in box. Well maybe I'll just toss out a bid. MMMMMMMMMMMM! Yep. That's how it always starts...


Just some innocent photo browsing, then next thing you know, there's an awesome fireplace addition in my office cubicle.



Now I've got the ginchiest Christmas cubicle on my block.

 It's a good thing there aren't any cardboard retro pink bathrooms out there or I'd really be in trouble. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just go do an eBay search - what harm could it do??

10 comments:

  1. Ha! LOVE that it's my fault! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally cool! I predict that Uncle Atom will win our cubical decorating contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! It would never occur to me to actually seek one of those out. I didn't realize it was a cubical till I read the comments, now that's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moses, this is in your ofice cubicle? Can we switch jobs please? I think this is beyond amazing. You are my vintage hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be willing to bet all your co-workers are green with envy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks for all the love. I've gotten pretty good reviews from people stopping by or passing thru. I think it still needs some accesorization beyond the fake fruitcake on the mantle. A stocking or two filled with lumps of coal for Congress perhaps, they're always naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's SO. COOL! Your cubicle... is SO COOL. I have visions the faux fireplace lights up? Pea green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, thanks, it still needs a bar

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought that same fireplace for $1.00 at an Estate Sale...then sold it a few weeks later for around $140 just because I didn't have room to keep it.

    Man..I wish I would of kept it! Yours looks swank!

    ReplyDelete