Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Latest ebay score - 3 tiered Wall Lamps

Picked these up pretty cheap over the weekend.


They will replace these lamps.




Which are cool  in more of a 1970s kind of way, but they just do not work where I have them now on the tiki lounge / screened porch.  If you look closely you can see that the cutouts in the brass piece are red and yellow in one photo, and blue and green in the other.  The brass piece rotates slightly so you can select one or the other color scheme on each of the pair of lamps.

So am I making a mistake?  The 3-tiered lamps have more of a 1940s or early 1950s look, but I think they'll look better against the brick wall than the lamps there now.

8 comments:

  1. I love the existing lamps, I think they are very tiki, and the color options, AMAZING. I've never seen that before. Maybe you should show the rest of the room? Also, I got the key keeper yesterday, its great! I will for sure be stashing my extra Dart keys in there. I scored a red vint. cooler at a thrift the otherday, you'de be proud of. Thanks again for the pressies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely go with the new ones...and put the old ones in a box and send them to me...today. Thanks! Seriously, they are all really cool. I don't know how you're going to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go with the new ones, tho the old ones are cool... In a 1970's kind of way. ;)

    Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes! Show the rest of the room. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Amber - the existing ones seem more tiki to me and the cutouts seem kind of atomic.
    I also think you need to show us the room too- so we can see the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So after 5 comments, the vote is tied at 3 each - huh? I'll get some more shots of this screened-in porch and hook up one of the lamps and put it to a formal vote with parliamentary procedures. Anyone know if there's a polling feature in this here blogging software?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmm..I really, really like the old ones, but I think I personally lean more towards the 1970's. The new lights are super cool, However, it's hard to compare because the new one's aren't on the wall yet, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

    Either way, you can't lose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give the new ones a coat of red paint and enjoy DEVO Style Energy Domes! ;)

    Seriously, I kinda prefer the existing ones; but I agree... you can't lose either way!

    ReplyDelete