I'll get some photos as I clean these pieces. and update you on this set soon. Meanwhile, I've been working some more on the aluminum breadbox project today.
I now have most of the poorly-applied pink paint removed, and a lot of the original off-white paint is also gone. I cleaned up the bare aluminum and rubbed it with steel wool to try and remove the scratches caused by scraping off the old paint with a razor blade. Fortunately the primer will help cover up the smaller scratches.
Here's the breadbox with gray primer inside and out. This is my stopping point for the week.
Later, after the primer hardens a bit, I will lightly wet sand the primer to smooth it out for final painting. I haven't settled on a color yet, but I know I will be using spray paint for even coverage.