Sunday, November 22, 2009

1963 Comet wagon



Early this year I ran across this Comet less than 2 miles from my house, the price was right, it was a solid car, it was something I'd been looking for for a while, but I didn't really need it.  So I got SWMBO's permission (only if you sell the other wagon!) and I brought it home.  The plan was and still is to get it looking decent with a slight custom look and get it on the road for around town cruising.

Here are some BEFORE shots:










And here are shots of the car at its ugliest:










3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to have discovered your blog! I own a '63 Dodge Dart wagon. She has her own blog too: www. jumpstartmyheart@ blogspot.com
    Your car is truly great! Gotta love those old wagons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you here Amber, I just read through your Dart blog - I can relate to all those adventures. In high school and college I drove a 63 Dart 4 door with the slant six and push button automatic - a fun car! It had a bad generator, so over one winter in Pennsylvania I plugged it into a battery charger every night and ran an extension out the basement window to the car. I could get two starts in a day before the battery got too weak, so I planned my driving carefully.

    ReplyDelete

I allow Anonymous comments, but if you are posting a question and want a reply, please leave an email address or consider posting with some identification. Oh, and if you are a spammer who has "been reading on the web for more than three hours and have found some greatly fascinating writing on this blog and would love for people to click on the little linky" you are trying to post here, fuggetaboutit, I will delete!